This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we may earn commission for qualifying purchases. See our disclaimer for more information.
Are you looking for ways to sell your art online? Print on demand is a great option that allows you to add your designs to wall art and clothing. When it comes to finding the right print on demand company sometimes it can be a little overwhelming. There are many different print on demand companies out there and sometimes it is hard to decide which is the right one for you. In this review we look at the print on demand company Subliminator to help you decide if they are right for you.
What is Subliminator?
Subliminator is a print on demand company that offers custom products that you can add your designs.
Print on demand is a great option for artists because it is an easy way to get started selling your art on products without having to invest in inventory.
With print on demand the product is not made until it is ordered by your customer. The benefit of this model is that supply matches demand.
When considering a print on demand company the first thing I want to know is what platforms do they integrate with.
Subliminator can connect to your Ecommerce store with the shopify app. When you connect your shopify account to Subliminator it will automatically sync and fulfill your orders.
Can you create a free account with Subliminator?
You can connect with Subliminator’s shopify app for free, but in order to connect you need to have a Shopify account. Shopify has a number of plans that you can choose from. Shopify offers a free 14 day trial.
Does subliminator work with Etsy?
Subliminator only connects with Shopify so if you are looking to sell on Etsy then you should consider a different print on demand provider like Printful or Printify.
How does Subliminator work?
1. Sign up with Shopify – To get started first you need to set up your store with Shopify. Shopify offers a free 14 day trial.
2. Add the Subliminator app to your shopify account. Shopify makes it easy to connect to different print on demand providers through their app.
3. Select a product and upload your design. Within the app you can select your product and then upload your design. Subliminator has mock up images where you can see how your design will look on the product.
4. Publish the product to your store – Once you have uploaded your design you will need to publish the product to your store.
5. Order a sample – When creating a product and using a design for the first time it is always a good idea to order a sample product. This way you can test the print quality and make sure the colors look right and that it meets your expectations. After you have published your product you can create a manual order within Shopify.
Check out this video on how to get started with Subliminator.
Understanding how payments are made
When it comes to print on demand there are two transactions that are made.
1. The customer buys your product – Initially the customer will place an order from your online store and will pay you directly your list price for the product.
2. Subliminator charges you the base cost to fulfill the product – The second separate transaction is Subliminator charges you directly the cost to make and ship the product to your customer.
The difference between the base cost of the item and your listing price is your profit.
Does Subliminator have an online marketplace to sell your designs?
Subliminator does not have its own marketplace. You can only sell with Subliminator by using the Shopify app.
In this case if you are not ready to host your own store then you may consider some of these other print on demand providers that allow you to host your shop on their platform and sell in their marketplace.
There are many reasons to choose Subliminator. Here are a few of the reasons why you should consider Subliminator as your Print on Demand provider.
1. Large all over print product selection for clothing – Subliminator’s specialty is all over print clothing. Some popular products include t-shirts, leggings, hoodies, and swimsuits.
2. Unique all over print products – Subliminator carries a few unique products that are harder to find with other print on demand providers.
Here are a few of their speciality all over print products:
- Short Sleeve Button Down Shirt
- Baseball jersey
- Leggings with side mesh pockets
- Dog Zip Up Hoodie
- Longline Hoodie
When choosing a print on demand provider it is important to understand the limitations too.
1. Less product selection – although they have a nice range of all over print clothing options Subliminator has a small selection of products in home goods. If you are looking to sell your designs on wall art then you will need to look elsewhere.
2. Can only use with Shopify – Since Subliminator only integrates with Shopify you are limited to only selling on that platform.
3. No free option – Although you can connect to the Subliminator app for free on Shopify in order to do that you need a Shopify account. Shopify does offer a free 14 day trial but for long term use you will need to continue with one of their paid plans.
If you are still unsure about whether Subliminator is the right choice for you consider these other print on demand providers.
Subliminator Review – Recap
When it comes to choosing the right print on demand provider there are many factors to consider. One of my favorite things about print on demand is seeing your art come alive on the product. Not all print on demand products are created equal. It is always a good idea to order a sample and test it out.
Check out the video below to see a review of Subliminator’s hoodie and sweatpants